Copyright: CHRONOS MEDIA History
During the air raids on Nuremberg, the airport was a frequent target, but initially the damage was always repaired. Although the Nuremberg Flying School was relocated with the bombing raids in 1943, the Fuerth Flying School was already being used again for flight exercises by the end of December 1943. In the first half of 1944, over a thousand takeoffs and landings were recorded each month. Even after further heavy bombing on October 3 and November 25/26 1944, and on January 2 and February 20/21, 1945, the destroyed buildings were restored and the bomb craters filled in. It was not until April 17, 1945, when U.S. forces took Nuremberg, that flight operations ended.